The North End / West End Neighborhood Service Center is looking for a Communications Intern who is interested in learning new skills and applying his /her knowledge to develop and maintain the center’s quarterly newsletter. The intern will gain working knowledge in creating content, designing captivating layouts, as well as the effective marketing and distribution of promotional materials. In addition, the intern will understand the importance of supporting an efficient non-profit service center.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create, edit, and source content for the center’s quarterly newsletter.
- Responsible for the formatting, design, and distribution of the newsletter.
- Other related duties as required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate or graduate students with a background in Communications, Journalism, or a related field.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Publisher preferred.
- Prior experience in outreach and/or marketing a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with close attention to detail.
Length of Commitment:
Ongoing internship with flexible days/hours for 15-20 hours per week.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email email@example.com with subject line: Communications Intern.
Please note: this is an unpaid internship, however, work-study eligibility will be considered.