Provide Planning Department staff support by assisting in a broad variety of data collection, analysis, reporting, and program development. Functions may include the preparation of reports and research and analysis of primary and secondary data sources to inform program development and evaluation.
- Identify and analyze primary and secondary data sources related to ABCD’s anti-poverty mission to produce publications, including research papers, white papers and policy reports;
- Assist with the development of survey instruments and focus group questionnaires;
- Assist with data entry, analysis and presentation of completed survey instruments;
- Effectively communicate data in a visual manner;
- Review and analyze public policy, social, economic, and political trends as related to agency development;
- Assist with other related administrative tasks/ projects as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
Students in a Master’s level Urban or Public Policy, Sociology, Government, Public Administration, or Political Science program preferred. Must have exceptional verbal and written skills. Strong research and analytical skills required. Familiarity with SPSS, R, GIS, or Google Fusion Table a plus. Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds.
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
10-20 hrs/wk, flexible schedule
Monday – Friday (9am-5pm)
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Community Planning Intern.
Please note: this is an unpaid internship.