Summary of the GATE Program:
GATE (Generations Advancing Together through Education) provides services to Boston parents who have been historically unable to participate in training programs due to lack of child care. GATE assists individuals by funding the total cost of the training program of their choice while also connecting them with childcare resources for the duration of the training program and 90 days post graduation. Program participants can participate in trainings that revolve around the banking, finance, nursing, pharmacy or office administration fields.
With leadership from GATE staff, volunteers will conduct outreach efforts at several Boston community events to identify and recruit new eligible program participants. Volunteers will be provided general program information, questionnaires and other materials to aid them during their grassroots recruitment. Come help us change people’s lives!
- Volunteers will attend an orientation prior to conducting outreach in the community lead by GATE staff
- Conduct surveys, through grassroots recruitment, to the general public at several community events in the hopes to recruit eligible GATE program participants
- Collect information from survey respondents
- Be outgoing and friendly!
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
4x per year (dates TBD)
- Volunteers must be able to commit to at least a half day shift, approximately 4 hours (start and end times TBD)
- Volunteers are responsible for transportation to and from meeting site (TBD)
- Dress appropriately for weather, comfortable walking shoes
- There will be breaks for lunch/refreshments, not included
- Great opportunity for corporate groups, fraternal organizations or student groups!