The Housing and Homelessness Department is looking for individuals with an interest in social work and human services to provide clerical and administrative assistance to the department. The Housing Intern/Volunteer will have the opportunity to work closely with the Housing and Homelessness Department staff.
- Answer main department phone line
- Provide assistance to walk-in clients
- Conduct phone and in-person screenings
- Make follow-up calls to clients
- Assist Workshop Leaders by signing participants up for the workshops and printing, filing, and distributing necessary documents and materials
- Perform data entry in ETO, HUD, Client Track, and Microsoft Excel
- Perform other related duties
Skills & Qualifications:
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional organizational skills required. Must be able to work sensitively with individuals of diverse socio-economic backgrounds. Demonstrated experience working in fast paced environment preferred.
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
15 to 25 hours a week, Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm or 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.