The Dorchester Neighborhood Service Center is looking for interns to provide general assistance in the outreach, intake, verification, and processing of applications for fuel and weatherization clients.
- Assist in providing outreach to eligible clients through mail and telephone correspondence, including responding to client inquiries regarding program and services offered.
- Assist clients with filling out applications for services.
- Assist in maintaining and updating applicant files.
- Assist in contacting clients whose applications need additional information.
- Assist in logging in all winter heating emergency calls, and directing calls to the appropriate staff for assistance.
- Assist in client intake, data entry, certification notice and other appropriate administrative duties as appropriate.
- Assist in providing information to clients seeking utility payment management programs.
- Other related duties as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Prior experience in general office work required.
- High School diploma/GED required.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to sensitively and effectively communicate with individuals of diverse economic and cultural backgrounds.
- Bilingual skills helpful.
Length of Commitment:
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
10-15 hours per week
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email email@example.com with subject line: Intake Assistant Intern.
Please note: this is an unpaid internship. However, work-study eligibility will be considered.