Dorchester Academy – 11 Charles Street, Boston, MA 02122
Dorchester Academy is an innovative school focused on the success of students who may not achieve success in a traditional environment. The school offers a competency based program, a safe and supportive school environment, a career explorations program, and pathways for credit. The Intern/Volunteer will work closely with Dorchester Academy’s Student Support Team to develop a positive safe environment for all students.
- Assist the Student Support Team in the implementation and streamlining of daily operations
- Greet students when they arrive to school and check their backpacks
- Assist in organizing activities for the overall growth of students
- Participate in hallway duty and redirect students back to class
- Provide supervision in the cafeteria during lunch time
- Provide classroom supervision while students are engaged in online classes
- Assist teachers in the classroom by supporting students to engage in the curriculum
Skills & Qualifications:
Associate’s degree in Social Work, Education, or related field required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Minimum one year of experience working with inner city youth required. Must be flexible, patient, attentive, and responsive to youth. Must have a passion for motivating youth to reach their academic goals. Must be able to work sensitively and effectively with individuals of diverse educational, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds.
Length of Commitment:
Ongoing for 10 to 20 hours per week.
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
Flexible schedule from Monday to Friday between the hours of 9:25 am and 3:35 pm.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Student Supoort Intern/Volunteer.